We increasingly as ask more of our horses in order to improve our performance. As with any kind of athlete, sport and exercise can result in muscle soreness, stiffness through the joints amongst other things resulting in discomfort. McTimoney manipulation can be used to treat such problems, but can also be used as a preventative measure.
As McTimoney manipulation is a holistic treatment, examining the whole animal during every treatment, it can help with many issues, not only behavioural and ridden problems but it can also help to achieve optimum performance levels along with helping to prevent injury.
Benefits seen in the horse include the following:
- An increase in joint mobility and flexibility
- An increase in stride length
- More even musculature development
- Improved co-ordination
- Relief from discomfort
- Help to prevent muscle strains
- An increase in muscle elasticity
- Aid quicker recovery time after exercise
- A decrease in post-exercise soreness in the muscle